I read a Facebook post once about concerns you have with each addition child, I thought I’d update that for the 4th one…
First Child Worries:
- What’s the best stroller/car seat/carrier/etc.?
- Where will our baby sleep
- We need to baby proof my house… NOW!
- Am I eating the best I can for my child
- Breast versus bottle
- Birth – a beautiful birth plan is made
- If you’re a planner – daycare
- What shall we call this child?
- How will we keep my child safe?
- How will we feed my baby as they get older? When will we introduce solids?
Second Child Worries:
- Will my first adapt?
- We need a name to go with the first… a little more difficult…
- Sleeping arrangements?
- Mild concern about food intake, but more just that you are eating and not trying to just feed the first one
- Birth – what will be different? Who will care for my first while I’m away changing their life forever!
- How many hand-me-downs can I get?
*Notice the change from we to I
Third Child Worries:
- We have to name another one? I don’t get them right anyway, what about “you, in front of me”
- Food, but what the first two are eating and gobbling up their leftovers
- Sleeping arrangements
- Birth plan – have the baby, find someone crazy enough to watch 2 kids, possibly overnight, at a moment’s notice
- How are we (mom and the kids) going to go anywhere?
Fourth Child Worries:
- Yup, we’re crazy, everything else we’ll figure out as we go…
- *Slur of profanities* We should have thought of a name before deciding to have another one…